My latest kitchen venture: Coconut-Cranberry Granola —– yum! My kids are enjoying munching on it right out of the bowl.
Here’s what you will need:
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, mix the oats, coconut, and almonds; set aside for a moment. In a microwave-safe bowl, mix the honey, brown sugar, oil, cinnamon, and salt. Microwave on high until sugar begins to dissolve, about 35 seconds. Stir into oat mixture.
- Spread mixture on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until granola is golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. Stir twice twice during baking. When done, allow to cool, stirring occasionally. Transfer granola to a bowl and toss in the cranberries.
- Divide granola into packages (I used Mason jars) for gift giving or store in an airtight container at home where it can be devoured.