My fondness for jars is growing and growing since I did so much more canning this summer. I’m blessed to live in a house that has old jars in every nook and cranny of the cellar and attic. I believe the jar I used for this is actually not a Mason jar, but rather, is an old Jif Peanut Butter jar. There are really no limits to what you can do with these…cover with cloth, with tissue paper, etc. etc…… fill with pencils, candy, plop in a tea light and use as a luminary, etc., etc.
Here’s what I used for mine:
- glass jar
- tissue paper cut in squares
- Mod Podge
- small brush
- glitter glue
Here’s what I did:
- Paint sections of the outside of the jar with Mod Podge.
- Arrange tissue paper squares over the glued area. Overlapping is fine and gives a nifty look. Continue until covered (you may choose to skip the bottom or cover it).
- When completely covered, go over entire jar again with a gentle coating of Mod Podge – this helps any corners or overlapped areas stick better.
- I set my jar upside down to dry.
- When dry, I applied a thick bead of glitter glue around the top.